Wednesday, March 30, 2011

Day 13 - Design A Day - Lisa


Mood: Super Excited/Proud
Sounds:  Jesse Cook  Pandora Radio Station

Good Evenin! Today was exciting and exausting...on the shoulder side my arm hurts like crazy!  I woke up and decided that I HAD to wash my hair right now this second.  So in typical Juba fashion I carefully taped ziploc baggies to my shoulder and drowned my hair in totally twisted: with wild cherry and jewel orchid.  mmmmm. I felt so much better after mentally but so not physically...I thought it was going to fall off.  I went and made something for me. . .personal and pretty.  I took a pair of earrings and took them apart making them into a single charm. Added ribbon and melted the edges and knots to create a slipknot so I can easily take it on and off.  I adore it! I think it will be my charm bracelet.  I have tons of charms and no actual bracelet... The second piece is a keychain that could be a possible his/her thing much later.  It's got a single knot of ribbon also melted completely to not come off.  I would have to find more of these charms...thoughts? 


The DESIGN OF THE DAY is super special to me.  It's inspired by a lady who prolly doesn't know how much she did impacted my childhood.  There are many strong women who were amazing role models for me, who showed me that it was possible to grow and become a merry, honest and kind lady no matter what obstacles...as long you can dream it, you can do it.  No matter how small or huge the goal.  So...thank you, from the bottom of my <3... to lisa: my memory of you has you running around with a million ribbons flying from your hair and outfit! :-)




This rose is unique not only in color, but also has THREE different ribbons.  There is one sheer, and two satin strands with a silver pearl bead in the core.  Very much inspired and with the different sides to the namesake.  You can find it here on my Etsy Shop!  These photos today were taken by Nate a new photographer, my little brother, and maybe protege? See more here.  

Thanks for reading and I hope you share with a friend!  
*hugs*
<3 Juba

2 comments: